Sunday, July 1, 2012

07/01 - Sunday

Today was actually the first day since I have been here that I didn't really go out and do anything.  It was a much needed day of rest.  We have a very busy week coming up.  Tomorrow, we are doing two presentations.  We are going back to the maternity clinic in the morning.  We already conducted a presentation there in front of more than 100 women and they asked us to come back for another group so we are pretty excited about that.  The second one will be a new venue for us.  

Today was also laundry day.  I now appreciate my awful stackable washer dryer in Miami more than I ever thought possible after washing clothes in the sink in our hotel room.  I am headed back up shortly to iron them dry.  Fun night :-)  At any rate, I am glad, I caught up on some rest today that will hopefully carry me through the week.  

On Saturday, we are flying out for Zanzibar for a week.  I am looking forward to seeing it but it is going to be challenging as it relates to our project.  We have been forewarned that the women there are likely to be less receptive to the idea of having a will drafted for themselves.  The island is upwards of 95% Muslim.  Either way, if we are not able to fulfill our work on the will drafting, at least we will probably have some additional time to work on our independent research projects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment